Demand Drafts and Receipts
Blanket L-1 Visa Fee
- This non-refundable fee covers the cost of a fraud prevention and detection investigation.
- If your original L-1 visa has expired and you reapply under the same blanket petition the fee is charged again.
- Blanket L-1 Visa Fee: This fee can only be paid by a demand draft in favor of "American Consulate General Mumbai."
- Drafts from co-operative banks are not accepted
- Please write your complete name, passport number and telephone number on the back of each Demand Draft
- Demand Drafts should favor the "American Consulate General Mumbai", be in Indian Rupees, and be based on the current consular exchange rate.
Visa Fee Receipts
- For payment methods and procedures, visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-paymentinfo.asp
- Activated two business days after date of issue. Do not attempt to take a visa interview appointment until then.
- Are valid for one interview within one year of purchase.
- If you re-apply, you must pay the fees again.
- Please retain your visa fee receipt number. If you lose it, you may not be able to schedule an interview with your payment.
- Missed appointment or "No shows": You must wait 24 hours before rescheduling your appointment with the same visa fee receipt number on www.ustraveldocs.com/in. Please note that any combination of five rescheduled and/or missed appointments will result in the deactivation of the visa fee receipt number.
Non-Indian / Non-Bhutanese (Third Country Nationals)
- You may be required to pay a visa issuance fee. You may also qualify for the Visa Waiver Program.
- If a visa issuance fee is required, it is payable by demand draft that favors the "American Consulate General Mumbai," and is non-refundable once the visa is issued.
- If the visa is denied, you can cancel the demand draft to reclaim the fee.
Paying from the U.S.
- Indian or Bhutanese citizen residents in the U.S. should fax a copy of your passport's bio-data page to the person assisting you in India or Bhutan. That person will submit the fax to a designated HDFC Bank, pay the visa application fee and VFS service charge and obtain the visa fee receipt.